Monday, November 24, 2014

#Microblog Mondays: Stick Stocking


My husband needed to spend the remainder of his FSA money and needed a little help. We went through the list of approved items that we could stock up on: liquid bandaids, regular bandaids, allergy eye drops, mundane stuff like that.

Guess what else is on the approved list?

I have a box of three pink-dye tests sitting in the cabinet, just waiting for December. (Yes, I know previously I have been staunchly anti-pee-stick, but at this point I feel giving myself a heads up to the call is in my best interest, either way it could go, and despite the confusion last time.)

But I had Bryce buy THREE.

I suppose I have a little more hope for this cycle than I thought.

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I just added pregnancy tests to my amazon order for the very same reason. We weren't sure our embryo storage fee was going to end up being approved until just recently and I joked with my husband the $665 was A LOT of money to spend on bandaids and pregnancy tests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, amazon... I forget how cheap the sticks are there! I used all mine up on IVF meds by March of this year, but my husband found he had considerably less expenses that way (if only he could pay for my meds with his FSA!). $665 would be a whole stockpile of pee sticks for sure!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay to hope.

    I had to wean myself from a pee stick addiction. I was doing them as I left for the beta. A waste of money, and yet when everything else was so expensive, it seemed like the smallest expense (and it helped my sanity).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it! To me it seems like the smallest way to steal a little control back, to have something of a "normal" experience, although I still have yet to have a pee stick tell me good news that I don't already know, but there's a first time for everything!

      Delete